Some interesting resources and websites I collect across the web.
This list may change from time to time as I add new content and remove obsolete links.
I may or may not be related to these projects. To find out more about me and my projects, check out the links in the top navigation bar.
People and blogs
- Hausec - Red team professional, has written a few VulnHub writeups and has useful resources such as a pentesting cheatsheet.
- Scott Helme - He presents himself as a Security Researcher, and runs a blog with very up-to-date and accurate information for hardening servers. He also runs two free, very popular tools that help you deploy better security.
- Root Network Security - Reverse engineering, binary dissassembly and systems programming.
- Awesome - Master list of awesome lists.
- Awesome Video Channels - A curated list of online video channels for learning just about anything!
- Better Crypto - Comprehensive list of settings for many server software to achieve the best levels of encryption.
- Build your own X - Tutorials on learning through creating.
- DigitalOcean - (Referrer) Deploy full Linux virtual machines in seconds.
- Duolingo - Free language learning.
- edX - High quality educational material.
- GitLab - Powerful free open source web-based Git management with the option to self-host.
- GitHub Pages - Free static website hosting.
- Jekyll - My favourite static site generator.
- Khan Academy - FREE (no ads!) online courses from Kindergarten to college.
- Learn Anything - Directions for learning anything with easy to understand, interactive maps.
- MIT OpenCourseWare - Free, high quality college lesson recordings.
- myNoise.net - White noise, rain, fireplaces… Noises to help you focus, relax, or sleep.
- Privacy Tools - Tools to secure your digital life against mass surveillance.
- Bhadoo Mail - Free disposable e-mail addresses.
- Cyber Chef - The Cyber Swiss Army Knife - a web app for encryption, encoding, compression and data analysis
- HackerTarget.com Tools - Multiple network tools, like port scanning, HTTP headers, and nameserver zone transfer tests.
- Hardenize - Multiple tests and scores for encryption and general web security.
- MTA-STS validator - MTA-STS is similar to HSTS, but applied to SMPT mail servers.
- MxToolbox - Multiple tests for mail servers, especially spam list checking for seeing if your E-mail server is tagged as a spammer by some list.
- Secure Email - Free SPF/DKIM/DMARC and STARTTLS checking for E-mail servers.
- Security Headers - Free web server header tests and grading.
- SSL email check - Checks mail servers for encryption their supported SSL/TLS protocols and certificates offered.
- Qualys SSL Labs - Free SSL/TLS server and browser tests.
Cybersecurity (CTF and hacking challenges)
- Google Gruyere - Hosted vulnerable application instance.
- HackTheBox - Practice exploiting and hacking machines legally.
- VulnHub - Free, downloadable VMs for practice.